S

S

Thursday 22 January 2015

2015. Live it. Love it.

Hello sunshines!! It's been such a LOONGGG time since I've blogged (I know, I know, I've probably said this a million times). First post of the new year and all I can say is that I'm feeling both heavy-hearted and excited for the upcoming year. Heavy-hearted because it's my last few months as a uni undergrad and c'mon who dislikes having the life of a student, the only period whereby time seems endless. However, I am curious to see what working life has to offer; to be independent, responsible and contribute back to society. It will be a whole new ball game :O

On a side note, quite a number of people have asked me how I've lost so much weight within 6 months and I would like to share with you how I did it. For those of you who didn't know, I actually put on 7kgs when I went for exchange (HOLY SHEESH!?!? IKR. Guilty of being well fed on exchange). For those who have not seen that side of me before, below are some comparison photos which I'm not proud of at all but at least they are in the past now right? hahah let's hope it'll remain this way from now on.


Seriously my face was omggwaddafuggg. PS. I did not exercise at all throughout exchange so that's one reason why I didn't lose the weight gained from all the scrumptous food I ate there. So when I was back in Singapore, the first thing I told myself was to lose the 7kgs I had gained. 


Tip 1 : Eat Right

I can't emphasize how imperative this tip is. My usual staples in school is sliced fish bee hoon and fruit juice. Avoid oily food and fried food. There have been numerous occasions where I have wanted to eat Mcspicy meal, fried chicken wings and char kway teow etc but nooooo, "need to get my hot bod first" that's what I always tell myself. hahah though I don't think I'm close to getting a hot bod still. 

One thing I've always disliked eating since young is vegetables and I've gotten so used to ordering my meals without veg that the fish soup and ban mian aunties still serves my lunch without veg. So what I do is, I only eat the veg that I find acceptable like broccoli, kang gong, french beans and tomatoes, and have them cooked in the style I prefer. However, if you are an anti-veg consumer you could always blend them with fruits and consume them in the form of a juice, that will probably taste better.


Tip 2: Exercise regularly

Thankfully in NTU there is a tennis module I could take as a part of my curriculum (how awesome right!!). Thus this forces me to exercise at least once a week cause I need to go for class and I've always wanted to pick up tennis as a leisure sport; so yay managed to kill two birds with one stone ^^ Aside from tennis classes, I started going for yoga classes as well.



And TADDAHHH. The end result can be seen in the photo above with my gorgeous sister after a yoga class. This photo was actually taken after 3 classes of yoga, not that bad right? I'm currently 8kgs lighter than I was on exchange. Woohoo!! I did it!

Though I was a little skeptical about yoga at first as I had this mentality of refusing to fork out money to lose weight simply because I could always go for a run or do static exercises at home without spending a single cent. However after going for a couple of sessions, I realized that yoga actually makes me sweat and my muscles were aching after each session. On top of that, my body was becoming more toned and I was satisfied with the results. As a beginner, I still require a teacher to guide me while I perform different poses. Besides, there are many cheap yoga outlets where you could go for trial sessions to see if it's the right activity for you. The trial session I went for was under True Fitness, it was $25 for 4 sessions that I have purchased on groupon (cheap right?)


All in all, these two tips are probably nothing new and you have known this inside out your whole life but it is true that they are the two major components you need to follow to lose weight. There's a saying that losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise and I do strongly believe in that. I may neglect my exercising regime at times but I don't neglect my diet. Moreover, with a combination of these two in my life, I am able to eat all the fried and oily food that I crave sometimes without having to feel guilty or putting on weight easily, so why not?

I hope this post helps you if you are planning on losing some weight cause the aforementioned tips  worked wonders for me and in case you weren't looking to lose weight I hope I did not bore you with the deets. haha. Till then everyone. Have an incredible weekend ahead :)

With love
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment